Friday, January 31, 2014

Bull S***


The Bull S*** Meter
The BS Meter is an essential tool in personal growth. Many of us go through life playing out this weird “I’m a celebrity in my own eye,” "Reality TV" fantasy world.  Living a high class life style on a Ramen noodle budget and wondering why at the end of the month your bank account is  -0.

It’s time to quit the BS and live your real life. The life where you sometimes have to say, “no I can’t go out tonight” nor “do I really need another red pump”.

It’s time to build a quality life and not a superficial one. Where looking at your account doesn’t create the “The Shudder Effect” (to cringe at your account amount) or deadlines don't overwhelm because they are already met.

Now what excuse do you tell yourself? I deserve it because I had a hard day. In only 10 minutes late. Do you believe the excuses?

“That’s some BS”

Free yourself from the shackles of society, opinions and guilty pleasures and here’s how to do it.

1.       Start setting  goals

2.       Keep your BS meter on at all times

3.       Create a dream board and visit it every day

4.       Recruit help from friends or professionals to help keep your motivation

5.       Have confidence in yourself and don’t give up

When it comes to goal setting here is a Tip:

o   Ex. I want to make better financial decisions this year.

This is a great example of an unclear goal. It lacks details and context; does this pertain to your saving habits or your investment strategy. Try this:

6.       I want make better financial decisions this year by:

o   Saving $25 dollars per paycheck

o   Creating an attainable budget that me and my family can follow by using templates and apps

o   Cutting back on outings and shopping, we will dine out twice a week spending less then 70 as a family and 30 as an individual.

o   I will constantly check my budget for accuracy

The biggest setback to any goal plan is a lack of HONESTY & PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. Being honest and taking owner ship of you actions will increase your success. If you know that you are not good with setting a budget GET HELP, don’t set yourself up to fail. I know you have it in you and with these tools success is guaranteed!
By: Shakiyah Woods

Check out more Tip and Tools at facebook.com/Sultrydash & @sultrydash

 

No comments:

Post a Comment